We are all excited to see Game of Thrones season 2 finale but it is now time to look further and meet the characters that will appear on season 3.
Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss revealed the same.
“It’s important to point out that that we have the largest cast on television right now. We introduced dozens of new characters in season two. If you hurl 300 characters at an audience, the story collapses under the weight of too many faces, too many names, and too many subplots. We need to be just as mindful of the audience members who have never read the books as we are of the readers; the series will fail if we only appeal to those who already know the characters. So we try to be parsimonious about how many new roles we introduce to the story and when we introduce them.”
- Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.
- Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.
- Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.
- Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.
- Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.
- Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.
- Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.
- Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.
- Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.
- Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.
- Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.
Now, if a Book 3 character is not listed here, does that mean they are not in season three? Apparently not. Because Benioff then added: “And a few others…holy hell that’s a lot of new faces.”
Aside from the names in the list, who do you think should be included in the season 3 character lineup?
Check other Game of Thrones season 3 News and Spoilers HERE.